Mitt Romney Too Busy to Answer Questions from Kids
by Bob Schwartz
Mitt Romney has refused to appear on Nickelodeon to take questions from kids. He is too busy.
Here is the Hollywood Reporter story:
Mitt Romney Declines Nickelodeon’s Invitation for ‘Kids Pick the President’ Special
One spot Mitt Romney won’t be hitting on the campaign trail: the Nickelodeon studios.
The Republican presidential candidate declined an invitation from the children’s network to participate in its special “Kids Pick the President: The Candidates.” According to a release from Nickelodeon, Romney’s camp said he was unable to fit the taping into his schedule after multiple attempts from the network.
The special, part of Nick News With Linda Ellerbee, gives kids across the country the opportunity to ask questions of each candidate. It premieres at 8 p.m. Oct. 15. On Oct. 22, Nickelodeon will reveal the results of its Kids’ Vote poll, which has correctly predicted the winner of five of the past six presidential elections.
President Barack Obama sat down for a taping in the White House, where he answered questions regarding gun control, jobs, immigration, same-sex marriage, outsourcing, bullying and obesity, as well as light-hearted questions including his most embarrassing moment. (“Running into the wall is par for the course for me,” he says. “I’m running into doors and desks all the time.”)
Romney still will be featured in the special, with producers selecting previously taped clips from the campaign trail in which Romney addresses various issues raised in the kids’ questions.
“By answering kids’ questions directly, candidates show respect for kids,” says Linda Ellerbee in a statement. “We are disappointed that Mitt Romney wouldn’t take the time to answer the questions but are thrilled that President Obama participated in the special.”
Now in its 21st year, Nick News — produced by Lucky Duck Productions — is the longest-running kids news program in television history.